Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Your Guide to This Weekend (Apr 25, 2008)

Hello Magnificent One!!!
Take a deep breath.
Seriously, take a big ol phat-daddy inhale all the way down to your toes and up to your shoulders and hold it...hold it...hoooold iiiiittt...
Now let that bad boy go, slooowly.
Nice, huh? :)
It's another beautiful California weekend, and as usual, there's a plethora of opportunities to get out and getcha groove on. :)
Of course, there's Coachella out in the desert, but if you've opted to refrain from the formula concert multi-stage madness, here's your real-deal hookup.
Saturday 4/26:
There are two amazing happenings on Saturday that you NEED to know about. One is in LA, and the other is in San Diego.
Close to Home
Up here in LA, my dear, talented, sultry sister, Pauline Drossart is throwing a party at Kula in Santa Monica.
She just released a new EP, Beautiful Story, and will be playing songs from that album, as well as a handful of never-before-heard new ones.
She has an amazing voice, and sings and raps in English and French, with a funky soulful backing band.
This party also features Indian Lounge music, a grip of delicious Raw Chocolate from the Bliss Bar, elixirs from the Shaman Shack, and a room full of beautiful people you want to meet. If I weren't going to be in San Diego, this is exactly how I would spend my Saturday night.
LoveTribe Showcase
Kula (above eleven Studios)
1231 Lincoln Blvd (between Wilshire and Arizona)
Santa Monica 90401
Saturday, 4/26: 7pm
Tickets: $10
Worth the Drive
Down in San Diego, we're throwing another Conscious Indulgence party on Saturday (tomorrow) with the selfcentered crew. I love these guys more and more every time I see them (almost daily), and these parties just keep getting jucier. The last one we held in Santa Monica was amazing. Honestly, I showed up not wanting to be there. I was exhausted, I had an infection in one knee that hurt from my hip to my ankle, I was recovering from a bike accident, and I hardly knew any of the attendees. By the end of the opening meditation, I was alright with the strangers in the room. After the short round of connection exercizes I was cool to move and talk, and by the time the first act went on, I was having an all-out blast. There was no alcohol whatsoever (but plenty of chocolate :) and I felt ecstatic-drunk off the energy in the room. I was so moved by the whole experience that I rocked a selfcentered teacher training the following weekend. That was a helluvan experience...a whole other story for another time. I gotta say, as foreign and somewhat odd as it sounds, these meditation parties are DOPE. :)
Kava Lounge
2812 Kettner Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101
Saturday 4/26: 7pm
Tickets: $25 advance, $30 door
Sunday 4/27:
As previously stated, Leas Maria's QiGong class in Santa Monica is held every Sunday, 7pm at the Tao Healing Arts Center (2309 Main Street, 90405). This is a great way to dive into a self-care practice. Leas teaches specific techniques that ward off illness and boost the body's natural defense systems. For more information, contact her directly: leasmaria@leasmaria.com
Cost: $15/class or $50/month
The Farmer's Market also goes OFF on Sunday mornings in Santa Monica on Main St. That's a great place to meet people, see those you know, hear some live music, ride a pony (if you're wee), and eat some amazing food. It's at the intersection of Main and Ocean Park, on the big grassy knoll in front of the Victorian restaurant.
Future Planning:
May 3rd & 4th:
Come join us (selfcentered) next weekend for a full on exploration of your authenticity. We're holding the first ever LA Out of Your Mind Immersion at the Evidence Gallery. This is your opportunity to deepen your meditation practice, tap into an amazing community of beautiful souls, and have a great time doing it. We'll be steeping in all the selfcentered techniques and tools, practicing body opening flows daily (yoga, dance, madness in motion...), and learning how to shift perspective to get un-stuck in any situation. The investment is $195. The returns are infinite. Give me a shout and let's talk about it. 323 620 3239
Speaking of authenticity and getting un-stuck, it's about time for more bodywork. Come see me in the Venice ZenDen for a treatment designed to detox, assist you in clearing stagnate patterns, and unlock your body's true potential. When you're ready to take on the next level of your life and live more powerfully, give me a shout. I'll give you a hand. 323 620 3239 :)
Thank you for being who you are in the world, and for being in my life. You're a true inspiration to everyone around you, and your light shines brighter than you know. Thank you for continuing to read these emails and heed the call to greatness. Now put a smile on someone's face, starting with your own. :)
Love you!
Mateo
--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment