Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

2 Chances 2 Play (oct. 21, 2008)

Hey there, my friend,

I'm still deep in my training with just less than 2 weeks to go. I'm kinda saddened by
the prospect of not being in class every day. I've come to love the intensity of this
practice, and the group experience. If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a communal
creature, and it's been really nice being with the same beautiful people every morning
for over a month and a half. I'm also a bit of a fire freak, and this intensity is bliss.

But every baby bird's gotta fly sometime, and party with his peeps on the periphery
when Spirit sees fit.

Fortunately, I've been really well tended to while in the nest, and properly prepared
for what's to come. As sad as I am to be leaving my group, I'm equally, if not more
excited to face the world with new-found knowledge ingrained in my brain and being.
I feel like Neo in The Matrix, when they jacked that wire into the back of his skull,
downloaded a program...his eyes pop open and he says, "Whoa. I know Kung Fu."
My operating system's a little slower, though...it's a 2 month download wrapped in
a class, but the effect is the same.

Whoa. I know Yoga.

And now it's my given responsibility and pleasure to share it with you. :)

I invite you to come join my group class this Thursday, from 4:30-6pm at the Shiatsu
school in Santa Monica
. I'll also be subbing for my dear sister, Nianna, on Wednes-
day, same time, same place.


This branch of Hatha Yoga is more based in the pranic body than some other more
common forms taught here in the west. It's similar to Kundalini in that the focus is
energetic cultivation and personal evolution, sometimes moving in a non-linear fashion.
I like to focus on invoking the warrior spirit by opening the heart and creative centers,
while strengthening the container that holds this lifeforce.
I also like to incorporate partnered exercises to keep that communal spirit alive and
help us all open a little more than possible when flowin' solo.
All in all, it's fun. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. ;)

As requested, I'm now also taking private yoga students, focusing on the therapeutic
aspects of moving the body. These sessions are an extension of my bodywork practice,
so they're deep and hands-on. To schedule an appointment or ask questions, simply
call 323 620 3239.

I'm gonna go enjoy this splendid SoCal sunshine while it's still here to enjoy. Have a
glorious day, and know that you are loved.

Time to fly.

Luz,
Mateo


--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment