Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Last Minute Brilliance (Sep 21, 2008)

So check it...

I was just driving home from the Global Mala event (which was DOPE!!!)
and I caught sight of my cajon in the backseat of mi coche, and I thought,
"man, it would be cool if I had a phat car with room for yoga mats and
blankets and pillows and musical instruments so I could just post up at
a park from time to time and play with my friends."

Then it dawned on me, I have a grip of yoga mats and blankets and pillows
and some musical instruments in my car right now and some time to kick
it near the water tomorrow between appointments. Yeah!!!

Come play if you can shake free tomorrow (Monday) at Colonade Park at
the end of Bay Street in Santa Monica from 2:30-6pm (just inland from the
beach). We'll play Acroyoga, get some beats goin, roll around in the grass,
and maybe eat a little food.
If people are down for it, we can meditate and bust some Qi Gong as well.
It's the first day of Autumn, and I've got some gear in the ride...sounds like
a good excuse to get in our bodies and party. :)
Bring drums and a frisbee and somethin to snack on...if you wanna. Such
contributions are appreciated, but so not required.

And while I have you on the line, I've been meaning to brag on a couple of
people for a while, and I'm tired of waiting. ;)

I've been seeing Dr. Jeremy Brook for chiropractic adjustments for about 9
months now, and that dude is AMAZING. His approach to his craft is rooted
in yoga and a deep understanding of the body. He not only adjusts me master-
fully, he gives me really cool followup homework that REALLY works.
I can't recommend him enough.
www.spinechecker.com

I've mentioned my badass yoga teacher, Psalm Isadora, at least once before,
and she's another I can't recommend highly enough. Our teacher training is rockin
my world, and you can come check her out in the next few weeks before she takes
off for India.
All of her classes are full, though our Saturday TT classes are open to drop-ins from
10-noon. If you want a whole new approach or re-invigoration of your yoga practice,
or just wanna get solid in your body with full energetic awareness, this is the chick.
For more information, check out www.psalmisadora.com.

Okay, that's it. Come play in the park tomorrow.

Love you!
Mateo

ps.
Meditation: I teach it.
Bodywork: I practice it.
If you need either in your life, holla.
LOVE


--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment