Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

So Much Greatness In the World (May 9, 2008)

Hey Beautiful One,
I just picked up my guitar for the first time in 3 weeks. I can't believe it's been that long since I've loved on that girl...and yet, there she was, sittin dusty on the stand when I got the urge to play. Seriously, I had to wipe a funky layer of dust off the top of the body before tuning up and throwin down a phat jam...and ohhhhh, it felt good. Why do I do that? Why do I allow myself to go so long without rippin free and wailin? Oh, well. I could rap on that for days, but the point is, I did it! I unleashed the beast just to watch him run.
Yeah. :)
What are you waiting to do? How are you gonna make love today?
There are a lot of opportunities coming up that I'd love for you to join me in, and they starts TOMORROW!
I'll be rollin with my selfcentered crew up to Encino tomorrow for a full day of Earthday celebration. I know it's about a week past Earthday, but hey, shouldn't we celebrate our home every day? We'll be leading meditations and experiences all day near the Healthy Hut, with two big PDMs at noon and 3:30. We'll also be unveiling a couple of new signature experiences to take you deep in playful ways. Tickets to Worldfest are $7 and parking is $3. Once inside, there's plenty of delicious vegan fare, and a grip of games, activities, speakers and musical performances. This is a great way to spend your Saturday, and then your evening is free for...
WithInfinite 05/10
Yeah! This is an evening of music and raised vibration featuring the amazing Luminaries, Pauline Drossart, sound healing from Bolonatha, and a phat dance set with DJ Brad and guests from the Moontribe. Nadia from Rising Light Cuisine is partnering with chef Be~Live to offer some yummy raw foods and elixirs to get you lifted on nutrition. All this takes place at the Blankenship Studio in Venice, from 8pm-1am. Cover is $10 at the door.
132 Brooks Ave.
(Abbot Kinney and Main)
Venice 90291
Back to the Mother 05/16
Mark your calendar for next friday, yo. Think food, music, poetry, massage and acupuncture in a beautiful garden setting. My dear sister, Camille and I are cohosting a potluck gathering at the Learning Garden on Venice and Walgrove. All the flowers are in bloom, the veggies are poppin out the ground, and mama is calling us to come celebrate her abundance. Bring your instruments, poetry journals, a lovely dish to share and an open heart. There will be ample interaction between beautiful souls, and a general air of playful honor. Get ready. :)
Coming soon:
Venice Beach Bike Ride
It's time to sweat in good company with the Pacific breeze on your face. Keep eyes open. :)
Full Moon Candlelight Yoga
Beach, night air, dear souls, breath, movement, soft light flickering in your eyes...ahhhhhh...very soon.
Other News:
I'll be in Austin from the 26th of this month through June 2nd. If you have any tribe in that area, please let me know. I really wanna hook up with some family in the Austin wellness/conscious community while I'm in town. I'll be practicing bodywork for a couple of days in a local studio, and taking meetings. Then I'll be attending a conference on Ayurveda with my dear brother, Max, and putting together an intimate selfcentered gathering. I'm interested in hooking up with acupuncturists, yogis, meditators, bodyworkers, philosophers, teachers, rainbow family...high vibe good peeps.
In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,
but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes this art.
~Rumi
Thank you for being the light that inspires my poetry, the reflection of God that calls forth my truth.
Love you. :)
Mateo


--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment