Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

You Are A Unique Emanation of Perfection (May 14, 2008)

Shhh... ;)
My dad talks a lot. I mean, that man just don't quit! He's talking to me RIGHT NOW, seemingly oblivious to the fact that I'm staring at my laptop screen, typing like mad. He's spittin numbers and situations with passion and fervor, spinnin his stories of righteous integrity and late nights in the dancehalls of central Texas. He's a smart man, and he knows it. I'm sure he's imparting wicked good knowledge, and here I sit, channeling my experience to you.
I love that man, and I get to be in his presence for a precious few more days. The only reason I'm typing right now is that I love you, too, and want to make sure you know where you can find me when I'm ready to be found. ;)
I'm in Texas right now, and Austin is BEAUTIFUL. I'm going to check out a dance class this evening based on Gabriel Roth's Five Rhythms, and tomorrow is filled with teatimes and yoga classes. Then Friday...oh, Friday...It's river time. :) The rivers of the Texas hill country are unparalleled for beauty and relaxation mixed with adventure. They call to me in my dreams, and welcome me home every time my feet touch their wet stones. Friday we'll put in at the 281 bridge and float the rapids to just north of Rebecca's Crossing. It's about 89 degrees outside, so that water should feel phenomenal.
It's hard to believe I'm here on business. God, I love this life. :)
Speakin of love, there are a couple of good chances for you to come share in the overflowing abundant lovestream in the next few days.
Tashirat Orphanage Fundraiser 06/01:
My friend Marisa is putting on a fundraiser this coming Sunday at the KING KING in Hollywood. This is not your run-of-the-mill night out in LA... this is a chance to help a great cause. Five years ago, Marisa opened a "green", high quality, family style orphanage www.tashiratkids.org in Mexico. This is an amazing project and they need our help NOW to open a school for the kids of the orphanage and also the kids in the surrounding communities- www.500together.com / www.ixayaschool.com. The deadline for funding the school was cut by three months by the government. This is why Marisa is throwing a last minute fundraiser on June 1st... so rally the troops, put on some fresh threads and bring your humanitarian hearts to the MUSIC for MEXICO FUNDRAISER!
If you have any questions hit Marisa at arycilandra@yahoo.com.
Music for Mexico
King King
6553 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Sunday June 1
$25 donation
selfcentered Conscious Indulgence 06/05:
We've got another badass party coming up next Thursday. These parties are fundraisers for our mission, which is empowering 1million more people to start a sustainable, regular meditation practice by January 2009. It takes a lot of resources to wake people up, as so many are so comfortable in their dreamstates of complacency. We could just ask for money, but we figured we'd give you great experiences, and show you the beauties of being alive and awake, in exchange for the greenbacks it takes to grease the skids. Sweet deal, huh?
Just as before, you'll have the opportunity to connect with a room full of beautiful souls, as well as learn some tips to deepen your personal sitting practice, gettin high on your own supply.
In addition, this time we've got Cipes and the People backing us up with their phat blend of conscious reggae and jump-up fun (Thanks Cipes! :) and refreshing Nanogreens infused fresh coconuts, paired with delicious healthy food prepared especially for you. It starts at 7 and rolls strong till the lights come on.
And yes, we will do a chocolate meditation. :)
Conscious Indulgence
Thursday June 5
7pm-???
$20
Full Moon Candlelight Yoga 06/18:
Also, yo, my birthday is coming up. June 19th is the big day, and we'll definitely be doing something to commemorate this body's 29 revolutions around the sun. We're gonna start the party on the 18th, though, with full-moon yoga on the beach. I'm solidifying all the details this week and will certainly have all the info to you very soon. In the meantime, mark your calendar for the evening of Wednesday, June 18th.
There's always so much more to tell you, and I'm just gonna stop now. I've got my dance class to get to, and I still need to get a rental car. Have a beautiful evening/rest of the week, and know that you're loved by a man in central Texas.
See you soon!!!
Mateo


--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment