Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Week In the Life (Dec 9, 2008)

Hey My Friend,

The crazy train is screaming down the tracks, as I'm leaving for India in less than
3 weeks (!!!) and I'll be gone for 2 months. There is SO MUCH to wrap up in this
detachment from my "life." I'm in such an intense process of shedding right now,
my primary mission being constant service in the highest ways possible. I realize
that this means letting go of a lot of what I've identified myself by so that I'm free
to fly wherever I need to go. I'm taking carload after carload of personal posses-
sions to Goodwill, tying up loose ends with individuals and institutions, letting go
of relationships, and in general, creating space for whatever's next.

Deep breath...
Ahhhhhhhh...

Fortunately, I'm in cahoots with a crew of do-gooders who are supportive and at
times, collaborative. We've got some cool stuff coming up, so grab your calendar
and get ready to write.

Wellness Collab:
My friend and master chiropractor, Jeremy Brook, will be offering Donation-Based
Adjustments from December 22-24th.
I'll be in the office on the 23rd giving free chair massage from 9am-1pm. We want
to make sure that you stay healthy through the holidays, so come getcha immunity-
boost on!

All proceeds will be donated to Global Green in their attempt to rebuild New Orleans,
combat climate change, create sustainable communities, eliminate weapons of
mass destruction, and promote access to clean water as a global human right. Talk
about a worthy organization!!!

Take care of yourself while you help take care of others. That's the gig, right? Right.

Life Center Chiropractic
11666 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles 90064

Powerful Community:
Selfcentered just turned one (as in age), and we're throwing a birthday party! Come
celebrate our Oneness this Friday, December 12th from 7pm till we drop at Modern
Om in Marina del Rey.

Join us for Yoga, Meditation, Live Music, Live Painting, Poetry, Food and more.
Tickets are only $20, and it will sell out.

RSVP to info@getselfcentered.com.
Peep this for details: http://www.getselfcentered.com/events/view-event.aspx?event=86

Modern Om
13452 Washington Blvd.
Marina del Rey, 90292

Playful Warrior Tantric Hatha Yoga:
I've only got two more yoga classes left this month, as I won't be teaching on Christmas
Eve or Christmas Day, for obvious reasons. :)

This month's focus is grounding and stability. In these shaky times, it's essential to tap
into your core and drop your root deep into the earth. These 90 minute sessions are
expertly designed to do just that.

Come play with us on Wednesday at 4:30 and learn something profound about yourself
while deepening your practice.
All classes are by donation, so bring your friends and rock your body.

Shiatsu Massage School
2309 Main St (entrance on Strand)
Santa Monica, 90405

In Other News:

Zen Den No More.
I'm letting go of my private massage studio in Venice at the end of this month when I
leave the country. It has served me well for the last year and a half, and now it's time
for me to step away. I have many fond memories of many great sessions in there, with
singing bowls and hot stones, warm towels and didgeridoo embellishments to some
amazing bodywork, yoga and meditation treatments.

I only have 3 more Fridays in there, so if you'd like to experience the greatness of the
Den, give me a shout so we can sort it out.

323 620 3239

Mateo's Appointment Line

I'm volunteering at a continuation school in Santa Monica on Mondays and Wednesdays
till about 11am, teaching yoga to kids. That means that I'm usually hungry and available
around 11:30 on those days. If you'd like to grab lunch near the water in the next couple
of weeks, just gimme a shout.

Thank you for continuing to play with this warrior of the heart. It's not about winning
every battle, it's about showing up.
Thanks for showing up.

Love you
Mateo



--
Love, Burn, Laugh and Learn...and above all else, Know Thyself.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
:::::::::
www.getselfcentered.com
www.myspace.com/teofriends

No comments:

Post a Comment