Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Heavy Soul (June 16, 2008)

Hey Beautiful Spirit,
Here we go again! Another week, another set of amazing opportunities to show up strong for ourselves and our family, immediate and global. Are you ready to rock?
I thought so. ;)
I've been undergoing MASSIVE transformation lately (what's new?), and what keeps coming up for me is that I have these gifts of musical expression and playfulness to offer the world. They've been given to me that I might share them with you, so that's exactly what I'd like to do.
This is my birthweek, the celebratory cycle of days that represents 29 personal journeys around the sun.
Isn't that f'n cool? I've swung around the sun, a flaming ball of gas WAY WAY out there, on this little round rock of mine almost 29 times. It's a feat that's taken all my life to accomplish. In celebration, I'd like to offer you a chance to cut loose and play and let me shower you with love on a sandy little spot of our planet. :) YAY!!!
You are such an amazing soul and it would be such an honor to have you bless this occaision with your presence.
Okay, so what are we gonna do?
BEACH BONFIRE!!!
I'm a bit of a glutton for fire, if you haven't noticed. Some say it's my Gemini nature, others say I'm a pyromaniac...I just love the hot stuff.
Let's meet up at Dockweiler Beach, where there are fire rings and lots of open space. I'll be there between 4 and 5, and start some playful yoga shortly thereafter. We'll also get in a nice meditation to anchor in our intentions for the evening and beyond.
Then we'll hit the water for a bit (it's got a good rating right now ;), toss the frisbee, and goof off in the sun. Let's potluck it and feast in honor of life!
Once Surya hits the water, we'll light up the fire and get our groove on. If you know any FIRESPINNERS, invite them!!!
What to bring:
Beach blankets
Water
Food
Wood to burn
Sunscreen
Playclothes
Musical Instruments
Firespinning supplies/friends
An open heart
Desire to engage.
A few points about Dockweiler:
This beach is just south of Marina and Playa, on the ocean side of the road. You can park on the curb and walk down, or pay 3 bucks and park in the parking lot right next to the sand.
Be sure to bring wood, as they charge an arm and a leg to buy it there.
They kick everyone out at 10, so you've plenty of time to sleep and be ready for Friday.
I don't know which ring we'll be at (no reservations), so just call me when you get there and I'll letcha know.
The key to this game, in case you didn't know, is to passionately engage in full awareness. Staying rooted in breath and body and expanding from those spots allows every step, every laugh, every moment to be a meditation. This, dear one, is a chance to practice complete authenticity. It's a lot of fun. :)
Gimme a shout as questions come up.
323 620 3239
Loving You!!!
Mateo

No comments:

Post a Comment