Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Standing on The Shoulders (Aug 25, 2008)

Hey Mighty Giant,
I've been experiencing something interesting lately...well, for the last 28 years, to shoot totally straight.
I want to be the one to do it all. I want to be credited with the awesome big idea. I want to be the one to heal the world. I want to be EL GATO, ya know? I want the accolades, the attention, the status, the riches, the rewards...I want it all. I suppose there's still a child inside seeking some sort of parental approval, and the only way my grown up mind knows to get it is to do the coolest thing, whatever that means.
In that egoic search, I often find myself re-inventing fire, sweating through every step, often falling off before the intention has reached fruition. And, I usually find myself cranking away till the wee hours, worried about all the little details and how I'm gonna make it all pretty in the end.
I'm realizing how futile that is...again. ;)
There are so many who have come before us, and mastered the crafts we toil away at. There are so many teachers appearing around every corner, so many people who want to lend a hand, and often times (if you're anything like me), they show up and we bark, "Back off! I can do it myself! I got this."
Humans...we're funny critters. :)
This Thursday you (and I) have a chance to hear one of the foremost leaders of mind-body medicine speak and answer questions in an intimate venue. Dr. David Simon, co-founder of the Chopra Center and best-selling author of numerous books on health and wellness, will be speaking at Kula, in Santa Monica. Check out event details here.
Space is limited, so please RSVP to info@getselfcentered.com if you'd like to join us. Admission is by donation, and all proceeds go to non-profit, charitable organizations.
There is another opportunity to assist your community and engage in bringing visions to life coming in September.
I'm committed to bringing meditation to our generation in a profound and effective way, and we'll be doing just that at Global Mala/yogamonth, Sept. 20th and 21st. We're in need of volunteers to help run the selfcentered tent and facilitate signature experiences with us throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to not only experience this amazing event and play with us throughout the two days, but also connect with the tribe and tap deeper into your highest self. Please contact me here with any interest and/or questions.

Let's keep playing together, and standing on the shoulders of the giants who have come before, and together we'll reach all our dreams.
Love you.
Mateo

--
:::::::::
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Stand up.
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment