Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Indian Insanity (01/04/09)

Namaste, Friend.

I invest in loss, that I may learn the ways of the masters. I cook with abandon and insanity,
that stability may taste a little different. I don't know a damn thing about anything, and that's
alright with me.
I'm here, let's do this.

I'm just starting to figure out what the hell I'm doing here. The last few days have felt like
frustrated vacation. Surrender is the daily practice. I don't know where anything is, I don't know
anyone outside of my small small circle, and the interplay with those I know is as confusing
and enlightening as ever...what a rollercoaster, this Goan adventure.

But don't think it's not fun. I'm actually surprised at how easy it is to move in the madness that
is India. Dirty, tired, jetlagged and sweaty, but still solid with my wits about me.

I got lost the first day here...I overslept my stop on a 12 hour train ride from Mumbai. Went an
hour further down the tracks at 10pm, and dropped phat cash on a cab to Vagator. Well worth
it...but then I didn't have anyone's phone numbers (details, details), and ended up going to some
ridiculous rave on a hilltop, paying U.S. prices for some dusty dancing to bring in the New Year,
then slept for about an hour on the beach before finding my way to a well-lit porch behind some-
one's gate to read for a few hours before dawn. The South-African tribesman who owned the house
came out just after sunrise and let me use his phone and computer, cooked me breakfast and
brewed the most delicious black rose tea...the people here are amazing. Try to find that in L.A.
I paid him for his kindness and made my way to my Goan home, just down the road from where I
sat.
Time moves a little different, sleep comes and goes, and every moment is a chance to dance with
the divine. This is why I'm here. The service work is just a practice to make way for the unfoldment
of my soul.

In other news, I know that you might need some beautiful healin' while I'm out east, so I've got some
resources for ya.
To start with, my dear brother Eric B. has started a community acupuncture clinic in Venice. AMA-
ZING WORK.
In his words:
"Treatments take place in our community-loft, a tranquil, open room furnished with eight comfortable
recliners. In this setting, a collective healing energy is created, enhancing the effects of each treat-
ment. Much like the synergy of a good yoga class, Community Acupuncture treatments leave you
feeling connected, rejuvenated, inspired, and deeply supported. Cost of treatment is on a sliding scale
from $25-$50.
You decide what you can pay. No questions asked."
Sweet, huh? Check it out online for more info: http://urbanremedy.org/

Start there.
If you would like some specific referrals for private bodywork, yoga, or meditation, email me and I'll
help you the best of my abilities.

Okay, time to jump. Time's up at the internet cafe.
I love you, and I'll break you off some more goodness in a few.

Bless Up
Mateo



--
Love, Burn, Laugh and Learn...and above all else, Know Thyself.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
:::::::::
www.getselfcentered.com
www.myspace.com/teofriends
www.playfulwarrior.blogspot.com
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=1932693

No comments:

Post a Comment