Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Perfecting Posts

I've made a commitment to start blogging more...creating plenty of posts to get the words out, flesh out the thoughts for all to see...to be more specific, I committed to blogging every day.

I'd like to renegotiate that commitment. Blogging daily is one helluva commitment. I could do it, sure, and just post journal entry after journal entry...but I've found that that becomes REAL boring REAL fast. Creating a good blog post is like writing an essay back in the school days. You've gotta find a topic worth writing on, create a few drafts, walk away from it, come back and tweak it, change the title 17 times, then finally it's ready for review. Or, you drop some brilliance in an instant and done is done...but the spirit's gotta be there, and that spirit is a fickle bitch sometimes.

I've been sitting on one post in particular. You'll see it soon enough. I started writing about a parallel I discovered between the teachings of don Juan (as told by Carlos Castaneda) and the marketing formulas and strategies I've been studying. When I finished writing, I realized that though it sounded poetic and beautiful, it didn't really leave the reader with anything you could use...no strong takeaway other than the momentary journey. So I started crafting something modeled on some of the instructional blogs I've been perusing...and it became a project. Now, I stand behind this little project's merit, but at the moment I've been so busy meeting deadlines for a marketing campaign that I haven't had time to sculpt and shape and hone my offering into something tasty for your table.

So, my friend, this is my renegotiation. I'll have that blog completed by this coming Friday. In the meantime, I'll post some other thoughts and musings from the Isle of Maui. Honestly, it's been eating me up to not post anything...personal integrity. Sheesh.

For now, it's time for yoga.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment